• Office Location
  • Siteamp
  • Korean

You tube twitter facebook

  • 단편경쟁
  • HOME > PROGRAM > Short length
Festival
Section
Title
Director
Information
The 41st Seoul Independent Film Festival
Invitation Films 4
Reach fot the SKY
CHOI Wooyoung, Steven Dhoedt
2015 | Documentary | Color | DCP | 90min
Date Time Theater Info

“CAN ONE DAY SHAPE THE REST OF STUDENT'S LIFE?”
The star lecturer among college prep institutes, Kim Ki-hoon; a high school student Hye-in whose score gets lower and lower after she entered high school; and a repeat examinee Hyun-ha wanting to enter a teacher’s college. This film will takes place in a time span of 100 days, starting with the final months of preparation before the college exam. Will they be able to enter the SKY universities; Seoul National University, Yonsei University and Korea University?

'Reach for the SKY' is about the struggle of senior students trying to get into the top three universities of South-Korea; Seoul National University, Korea Univer- sity, and Yonsei University. Most Koreans long to enter the top 1% of society through these SKY universities because we believe that having a diploma from one of the most prestigious universities is a shortcut to success. Some specialists in education tell students, "You can change your nationality, but you can never change your educational background. So, this national exam will decide your social status in Korean Society." While the Suneung exam is supposed to give all students an equal opportunity to success, only 1% of examiners can reach the SKY. The remaining 99% will have to settle for an inferior university, resulting in a sense of utter defeat at a very young age.

Director Choi wooyoung, Steven Dhoedt
Producer Ha sinae, Gert Van Berckelaer
Cinematography Choi wooyoung, Steven Dhoedt
Editor Gert Van Berckelaer
Music Regina Lok Yan To
Cast Hwang hyunha, Kim minjun, Jung Hyein, Kim kihoon

 

CHOI Wooyoung

Mr. Election (2012, HD, 56min)

Here Comes Uncle Joe (2013, HD, 73min)

-2013 EBS국제다큐영화제

-2014 칭하이산악다큐멘터리 영화제 베스트장편다큐멘터리상

-2014 골든판다다큐영화제 베스트장편다큐멘터리상

-2014 타이페이 국제 다큐멘터리 영화제

-2014 탈라스 상파울로 TV페스티벌 베스트 장편다큐멘터리상 감독상

 

  

Steven Dhoedt 

Inside Metaverse (2010, HD, 52min)

State of Play (2013, HD, 90min)